Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, UMR 6226 (MaCSE) CNRS
Université de Rennes 1 Campus de Beaulieu, Bat 10C, Bureau 207
Email : gabriel [dot] loget [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33223233028
Office number : Building 10C, Room 207
Gabriel Loget is a CNRS researcher. He received his PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Bordeaux (Prof. A. Kuhn - 2012). In 2012, he received the silver medal of the European Young Chemist Award. After that, he performed a postdoctoral stay at the University of California, Irvine in the group of Prof. Robert M. Corn. In 2014, he was awarded an Alexander-von-Humboldt postdoctoral fellowship for doing his research at the Friedrich-Alexander Universität of Erlangen-Nürnberg in the group of Prof. Patrik Schmuki. In 2015, he joined the Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes as a CNRS researcher and he received his Habilitation in 2020.
He is the co-author of >60 articles, 2 book chapters, and 3 patents.
• Materials science
• Photoelectrochemical light conversion
• Heterogeneous water and urea oxidation
Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citati...
Web of Science: https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/1256128
• Award Territoire Recherche from BPGO foundation (2019)
• Electrochimica Acta Travel Award for Young Electrochemist (2014)
• Alexander Von Humboldt postdoctoral fellowship (2012)
• Silver Medal - European Young Chemist Award (EuCHEMS 2012)
• SCF (Société Chimique de France) Travel Award (2012)
1- Y. Zhao, J. Yu, G. Xu, N. Sojic, G. Loget, Photoinduced electrochemiluminescence at silicon electrodes in water, 2019, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 13013-13016.
2- G. Loget, C. Meriadec, V. Dorcet, B. Fabre, A. Vacher, S. Fryars, S. Ababou-Girard, Tailoring the photoelectrochemistry of catalytic MIS photoanodes by a dissolution method, Nature Commun. 2019, 10, 3522.
3- G. Loget, Water oxidation with inhomogeneous metal-silicon interfaces, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci. 2019, 39, 40-50.
4- K. Oh, C. Meriadec, B. Lassalle-Kaiser, V. Dorcet, B. Fabre, S. Ababou-Girard, L. Joanny, F. Gouttefangeas, G. Loget, Elucidating the performances and unexpected stability of partially coated water-splitting silicon photoanodes, Energy Environ. Sci. 2018, 11, 2990–2999.
- Article in the local journal “Sciences Ouest” (2018) on photoelectrochemical conversion: https://www.espace-sciences.org/sci...
- CNRS feature (2018): http://www.cnrs.fr/inc/communicatio...
- Article in the L.A. Times (2014) on antireflective flexible nanocone arrays: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-...
- Article in the Orange County Register (2014) on nanocone surfaces: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/...
- Article in the MRS Bulletin(2012) on wireless motion of conducting objects: https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...
- Highlight in Nature (2011) on bubble-powered particle motion:http://palgrave.nature.com/nature/j...
- CNRS features:(2010) http://www2.cnrs.fr/presse/communiq... (2011) http://www.cnrs.fr/inc/communicatio...(2012) http://www.cnrs.fr/inc/communicatio...
- Highlight in Nature (2010) on bipolar self-regeneration: http://www.nature.com/nature/journa...