Email : gilles [dot] alcaraz [at] univ-rennes [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 2 23 23 51 88
Office number : 925 - Build. 10 C
Education and professional experience
- 1995: Ph.D - University of Toulouse (Dr. Guy Bertrand) "Electron deficient species and P-containing constrained cycles".
- 1995-1997: Post-doctoral position in ETH-Zürich (CH) (Pr. Dr. Hansjörg Grützmacher) - phosphiranes chemistry.
- 1997: CNRS fellow (Chargé de Recherche) in Dr. Michel Vaultier's group (Université of Rennes 1).
- 2006: career mobility to the Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination (Toulouse) to collaborate with S. Sabo-Etienne and Mary Grellier within the newly created team "Organometallic Architecture and Catalysis".
- 2011: Promoted CNRS research director (Directeur de Recherche).
- 2016: career mobility to the University de Rennes 1 to join the team "Organometallics: Materials and Catalysis".
My research activity is mainly orientated towards organic and organometallic boron and main group chemistry (Si, P,...) aiming at developing new synthetic methodologies and to design molecular architectures displaying customized properties by taking advantage of the instrinsic properties of the incorporated heteroelement.
- B-H bond activation: different scenarios
- B-N engineering
- Polyaminoborane chemistry: metal-free and solventless synthesis of PABs
- Small heterocycles activation (in collaboration with Marc Devillard):