01/2018-12/2021: J.-R. Hamon (Rennes); C. Manzur (Valparaiso).
01/2022-12/2023: J.-R. Hamon (Rennes); V. Paredes-García (Santiago).
01/2024-12/2026: N. Audebrand (Rennes); V. Paredes-García (Santiago).
Short historical background
The long-lasting French-Chilean scientific cooperation in the field of inorganic chemistry put down roots in the beginning of the 1980’s. Since 1991, it quickly developed through numerous formalized bilateral CNRS/CONICYT and ECOS-SUD/CONICYT research programs, followed by a PICS CNRS/CONICYT (2000-2002) and culminated by the launchings of the international Associated Laboratory «Functional Inorganic Materials» (LIA MIF, 2009-2012/2013-2016). The second International Associated Laboratory «Multifunctional Molecules and Materials» (LIA M3) that was created in 2018 and ended up in 2021, has been renewed in 2022 as the present International Research project “Cooperation in Inorganic Chemistry” (IRP CoopIC, 2022-2026). This ongoing scientific collaboration involves around twenty permanent members on each side.
- Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR, UMR 6226 CNRS-Université de Rennes 1, ENSCR, INSA Rennes)
- Universidad Nacional Andrés Bello (Santiago),
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso (Valparaiso),
- Universidad de Chile (Santiago),
- Universidad de Santiago de Chile (Santiago),
- Universidad Autónoma de Chile (Santiago).
Molecular and solid-state inorganic synthesis and characterization, magnetism, luminescence and nonlinear optics, photocatalysis, metallic chalcogenides and clusters, coordination polymers, molecular and composite materials, polyoxometallates, electrochemistry, low temperature single-crystal X-ray diffraction, structural analysis from X-ray powder diffraction and theoretical chemistry.
- 3 cotutelles PhD students [Bianca Baldo Hurtado (2018), Franck Gam (2018) and Nicolas Soto Donoso (2022)].
- 1 co-directed thesis of Chilean PhD student [Dominique Toledo (2018)].
- 2 short term periods of PhD student from Chile to Rennes.
- 1 Post doctoral stay of a Chilean researcher in Rennes.
- 15 visits of permanent French researcher to Chile as lecturers and/or PhD jury members.
- 11 visits of permanent Chilean researchers to Rennes as lecturers.
- More than 45 co-authored publications in international peer-reviewed journals : CooplC -List of publications - June 2022 - (403.46 KB)
- 13 oral communications and 24 posters presented in national and international meetings.
Other interactions and events
International Symposium LIA M3: Molecules abnd Multifunctional Materials, December 12-13 2019, Viña Del Mar, Chile.Book of abstract - (5.51 MB)
- Prof. A. Proust (IPCM Paris) and Dr. A. Bousseksou (LCC Toulouse) contributed to the International LIA M3 Symposium in Viña Del Mar (Dec. 12-13 2019) with plenary lectures.
- Prof. R. Poteau (INSA Toulouse) participated in the PhD defense of Franck GAM (Oct. 30, 2018, UNAB, Santiago). He contributed in scientific events in Chile with a lecture (Oct. 29, 2018 Universidad de Santiago) and an advanced course (Oct. 30, 2018, UNAB).
- Dr. B. Le Guennic (ISCR Rennes) contributed with an invited lecture at the M3ECL conference (ICMM satellite meeting), September 6-8 2018, Santiago and with two invited seminars at Universidad de Concepcion (Sept. 11 2018) and UNAB Santiago (Sept. 12 2018)
- ECMM 2022 - 8th European Conference on Molecular Magnetism, July 04-07 2022 Rennes (Drs. O. Cador, B. Le Guennic and F. Pointillart, members of the IRP and of the organizing committee).