Email : laurent [dot] calvez [at] univ-rennes [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 220.127.116.11.13
Office number : Beaulieu -Build. 10B, Room 227
Current/ Previous Positions
- 2020 Professor, University of Rennes I, UMR CNRS 6226 Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, Equipe Verres et Céramiques.
- 2016 Consultant, Diafir company, technological transfer in progress
- 2007 Assistant professor, University of Rennes I, ISCR.
- 2006/07 Post-doctoral fellow in the Materials Science Engineering Lab., Tucson (United States)
‘Chalcogenide glasses photosensibility through laser irradiation’
- 2014 HDR, accreditation to supervise PhD. students, University of Rennes I
- 2006 PhD. in Chemistry, University of Rennes I, with honors of the committee
New glasses and glass-ceramics transparent in the IR range for thermal imaging applications.
- 2003 DEA (Master Equivalent) of Solid State Chemistry (rank 1/24), University of Rennes 1
- 2000/03 Magistère Matériaux, University of Rennes 1, France
- Since 2018: Responsible of the Mention Licence of Chemistry, University of Rennes 1
- Since 2017: Responsible of the 3rd year of the licence of Chemistry
- Since 2007: 200h /year, from Licence to Master 2 (graduate), University of Rennes 1:
- Optical materials (Master 2), Correlation between structure and properties of dense materials (Master 1), Science of glasses, glass-ceramics and ceramics (L3), Industrial chemistry, Crystallography, Chemical kinetic, Magnetism, Spectroscopy… (Licence 2 / 3)
- Teacher for the ‘Licence Pro’ Glass and Ceramics (2012-…)
- Since 2014: Invited teacher ‘Glass and glass-ceramics’ course (16h/year), University of Nanjing, China
Current themes of Research
- Synthesis of novel infrared glasses and glass-ceramics
- Photoinduced effects in chalcogenide glasses by irradiation
- IR glass-ceramics with active optical properties (photo-current, luminescence, non linearity)
- Innovative ways to produce chalcogenide glasses and glass-ceramics
- 116 articles in international scientific papers with reviewers’ committee
- 17 Proceedings in SPIE conferences
- 15 invited seminars in academic partners university
- 47 invitations in international conferences
- 41 international conferences (14 personal + 27 from PhD students under my supervision)
- 3 Patents, 1 has licensed, technological transfer is under running in DIAFIR company
- 3 Book chapters
- Co-Editor of the ‘Springer Handbook of Glass’ (53 chapters, about 2000 pages)
Fellowships and Awards
- Member of the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF), October 2017-2022
- Lamb Award, French Academy of Science, November 2016
- Award from the Rennes Foundation: ‘Year for business creation’, 2014
- Award from the Rennes Foundation: ‘Semester for Innovation’, 2013
- Bretagne Jeune Chercheur Award, Best Young researcher in Brittany, October 2011
- NSF Fellowship (post-doctoral position), 2006
- An innovative approach to develop highly performant chalcogenide glasses and glass-ceramics transparent in the infrared range.
Mathieu Hubert, Gaëlle Delaizir, Judith Monnier, Claude Godart, Hong-Li Ma et al.
Optics Express, Optical Society of America, 2011, 19 (23), pp.23513-22.
- Moldable multispectral glasses in GeS2–Ga2S3–CsCl system transparent from the visible up to the thermal infrared regions.
Antoine Bréhault, Laurent Calvez, Philippe Adam, Joel Rollin, Michel Cathelinaud et al.
Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, Elsevier, 2016, 431, pp.25-30.
- Vitrocéramiques à base de chalcogénures pour des applications photoélectriques.
X. Zhang, L. Calvez, H.L. Ma, X. Fan, Y. Xu, A. Lafond, 12/55801, Juin 2012
- Chalcogenide based cheap vitreous composition and production process.
L. Calvez, M. Hubert, X.H. Zhang, G. Delaizir, Décembre 2010, FR1060133
- ’Transparent chalcogenide glass-ceramics’ in “Chalcogenide glasses: preparation, properties and applications”
Eds. J.L. Adam, X.H. Zhang, Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, 2014