Email : rene [dot] gree [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 2 23 23 57 15
Office number : Beaulieu 10A, Office 154
• Organometallic chemistry, asymmetric catalysis and applications in synthesis.
• Fluorine chemistry.
• Medicinal chemistry: new anticancer compounds.
• Medicinal chemistry: new agents active against neurodegenerative diseases.
see Fluorine chemistry, Catalysis, Neurotrophic agents against neurodegenerative diseases and New anticancer molecules: new inhibitors of selected antiapoptotic proteins.
Education and professional experience
2016: Scientific Director of the Indo-French "Joint Laboratory for Natural
Products and Synthesis toward Affordable Health" (LIA CNRS-UR1/IICT-CSIR India).
2008-2014: Cofounder and Director, then (2014-2015) Scientific Director, of the Indo-French "Joint Laboratory for Sustainable Chemistry at Interfaces" (LIA CNRS-UR1/IICT-CSIR India)
• 2014: CNRS Director of Research (Emeritus).
• 2010: CNRS Director of Research, Exceptionnal Class (DRCE).
• 1974-2010: CNRS Charge de Recherche then Director of Research (DR2 then DR1).
• 1977: post-doctoral, Ohio State University Columbus (advisor: Prof. L.A. Paquette).
• 1975: PhD Thesis, University of Rennes (advisor: Prof. R. Carrié).
• 1970: Engineer, National School for Chemistry, Rennes.
Membership in professional organizations
• French Chemical Society
• American Chemical Society
• GERLI (Network in Lipidomics)
• 1995-2000: President of the CNRS Committee for Organic Chemistry.
• 1992-1995: Elected member of the CNRS Committee for Organic Chemistry.
• 1972-1977: French representative for the COST D2 Action (selective synthesis) at the European Community, Brussels.
• 2015: Elected as Foreign Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India.
• 2015: Elected as Honorary Fellow of the Chemical Research Society of India.
• 1990: Elected Maître de Conférences (Part time Lecturer, 1990-2002), Ecole Polytechnique, Paris.
• 1985: Award of the Organic Chemistry Division of the French Chemical Society.
• CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Hyderabad, India.
• Lebanese University Beirut, Laboratory for medicinal chemistry and natural products.
• National University Hanoi, Laboratory for medicinal chemistry and natural products.
Over 250 publications in international scientific journals.
Supervision of 50 phD thesis and 20 postdocs.
Over 250 invited seminars and lectures, in France and many foreign countries including over 50 plenary lectures in international congress.
Publications referenced in HAL